This article will consider the main features of the Adobe Animate service and its popular alternatives.
What is Adobe Animate?
Adobe was founded in 1982 and has played a significant role in revolutionizing desktop publishing. Today the company has about 40 software products in its arsenal. Adobe’s most popular program is Photoshop, accounting for 27% of the company’s sales.
Programs developed by Adobe experts provide a wide range of creative possibilities for creating documents. With Adobe software, the creativity of the computer becomes nearly as unlimited as the human brain. Adobe will provide all the tools you need to design, create and distribute documents.
Over and over again, users of Adobe programs are convinced of the validity of the company’s slogan: “If you can dream it, you can do it.” Adobe programs have been recognized for being the best in design, graphics, and Web content.
Adobe Animate, formerly Adobe Flash Professional, is a development environment (IDE) that can create interactive solutions for working in web browsers or on the desktop. It is free and open-source 2D animation software designed as a powerful industrial solution for creating cinematic-quality animations using vector and bitmap images. This removes the need to create stop motion animations, allowing you to create higher quality 2D animations with fewer people and resources.
Adobe Animate CC is a cutting-edge program for creating interactive animations using modern drawing tools. The program has the following benefits:
- handy tools for drawing on the computer. Creation and editing of vector objects is carried out in a matter of seconds;
- no need to install third-party programs and plugins to view the finished animation. The exported file can be opened without problems in any modern browser;
- convenient work with layers and frames. You can change their order in the project without having to change the entire structure;
- a system of hints for those who are just starting to get acquainted with the basic tools for creating animation;
- the function of adaptive adjustment and scaling of file contents. It simplifies the process of creating several similar banners for different devices;
- support for nested MovieClip with animation. This option opens up ample opportunities for creating complex graphic HTML5 banners with buttons, images, text, animation clips, scroll bar, sounds, and checkboxes;
- tight integration with other digital products Adobe. Many professional animators use Adobe After Effects to add effects that are not available in Animate;
- an important feature of Adobe Animate is the ability to create vector brushes. This is similar to what is used in Adobe Illustrator. With this update to the brush tools, you can use the pressure and tilt functions when drawing lines and strokes with a pen or stylus.
- support for legacy SWF and AIR formats.
10 Adobe Animate Alternatives
Adobe is a staple of creativity in today’s world, with software covering everything from graphic design to video editing under its umbrella. It is generally accepted that 2D computer animation is created primarily using Flash. But this is not so – most cartoons or animated series are created in the Toon Boom program, and independent animators prefer Anime Studio Pro.
The list of the top 10 Adobe Animate alternatives includes:
- Cool Tweak
- Synfig Studio