Dell is one of the oldest and reliable producers of digital devices. However, no device in the world requires updates over time. In such cases, one should be aware of how to refresh Dell drivers as there are many ways to accomplish this task, which, however, can be divided into two parts:
1. Manual search and installing
It seems to be the most stable way to provide an update of Dell drivers for the needed device, which is commonly used by advanced users. Those who know more about computers prefer to control such processes and can even read differences between the latest version of new software to know what will change.
However, several difficulties appear if one decided to try the manual method of upgrading software. The first one is the variety of devices that the respected company produce:
- monitors, projectors
- USB devices (mouses, keyboards, etc.)
- printers, scanners
- PCI-devices (audio and Wifi cards)
- graphic cards
Moreover, that is only a list of principal devices’ diversity, which receives a significant increase if adding concrete models of each equipment. Nevertheless, all the hardware has its specific name and can be easily identified before searching for Dell drivers.
If you decided to make manual software refresh, you could take steps as follows:
- visit their official website
- choose “Support” tab with further opening “Product Support” page
- in the field “Keyword” type a needed name of the device
- choose the most suitable version of drivers presented in the list below
- download and install
Only five steps seem to be an easy way to upgrade software, but a few obstacles can be met on the way to successful refresh. Thus, the needed device can be absent in the list with drivers. That is the result of the progress and incompatibility of some old hardware with Windows 7,8,10 versions. Also, a limited production series could lead to a lack of desire for the company to provide a regular update of Dell drivers for a small number of devices. Such problems can transform five simple steps of refreshing into a long-lasting process without any guarantee of a positive result. In this case, the question appears: what to do if there is no possibility to provide a manual update of drivers, but the system does not work correctly without them?
2. Automatic update
Many readers may start reading the article from this place as saw a few lists and some amount of text in the “manual version” of upgrade and decided that it was too complicated. However, the automatic upgrade of Dell drivers can also be not the fastest way to receive renewed software. Moreover, there are two ways to provide an automatic update of the system:
- Use the online tool for Dell drivers upgrade. This method will be rather useful for those who are already registered on the company’s website as a registration process often seems to be annoying. To activate this option, one should open the “Support” tab and push the “Product Support” button. Then, notice the “Find my Dell EMC Product” link, which will lead to registration or sign in page. After accomplishing the needed step (registering or logging in), the website will suggest providing an automatic search of the necessary software on the device with the further installation.
- Use Dell Drivers Updater. This is specific software that should be installed on the device if you possess a few products of the regarded company that need regular updates. What is interesting, this tool not only simplifies refreshing processes but also provides a smoother running of Dell hardware. The only you need is to install this program, which will offer all the further steps to accomplish an update with minimum user participation.
Now you are ready to make the most suitable variant of upgrading Dell drivers for your Windows 7,8,10 versions.